Saturday, September 6, 2008

A good good year!


Well here is my new blog. I just wanted to express how fortunate and blessed I feel. How this year has been a totally good year for THE MARTINS.
You all already know that I had a beautiful baby...and that she continues to bring joy to our lives.
Isabell is turning 2 on September 18th! Bells has changed my world. Watching her grow up is the reason being a Mom is the most worthwhile thing I can do!
Also it is not new news that I graduated from Paul Mitchel and I am looking forward to being able to cut and color hair from my house.
SPEAKING OF A HOUSE my wonderful Husband is buying our first house! Finally we get to say we are home owners. Our loan documents have been ordered and next week we sign our papers and on the 22 of September we get our keys! It is a single story, 4 bedrooms, two bath house, it is in Wildomar and super cute. Built in 2002. This is a big step for us. And it makes me so happy for Rick. He has always said his goal was to own a home by the time he is 30. He is only 26! I am so glad all of his hard work, working a physically demanding job 7 days a week to provide for his family is paying off. This is a big deal for him and he deserves it!





But I am not the only one in the family that good things are happening to. My brother is now an ENGAGED MAN!! Can you believe it? FINALLY! I am so excited for him too. I had the privilage of meeting his fiance, Lally, last Christmas when they stayed with me. And she is SOO nice! I am happy for them both and I totally give my blessing to this relationship!!
Now another family member with exciting news is Veronica! My baby sister is a married woman now. She is living with her husband Eddie, (whom she met in High School) in North Carolina. That is where they are stationed since Eddie is in the Marines. We welcomed Eddie into our family in July and they are going to be welcoming a little baby into their lives soon. Yes, Veronica is having a baby. She is in the early stages so we don't know a due date or sex of the baby yet. But another little precious baby will be added to our family and I can't wait!!Also I wanted to share that my girls were able to spend time with their Great Grandma & Grandpa and their Great Great Grandma last week! Can you believe their Great Great Grandma is still around and doing
FANTASTIC. She is 86 years old and still tough! So we spent a week in Arizona with them.What a great experience!Well that is it for now.

2 comments:

Lally said...

Nikki! Thank you so much for your supper & blessing! Dan and I are happy that you are keeping this blog updated, too, since now we get to see Jena and the house and...Rick's side of the family? In any case we are elated for you and hopefully we can make it out to California this year to meet Jena and see how the family is doing.

Lally said...

I meant "support." Sorry. =)